Are you an artist, designer, hacker, gamer, activist,…? Do you want to take part in actions balanced between physical and virtual reality? Join in on the Climate Games during the Hackathon #hackcop Ghent
In the lead up to the protests at the Paris COP21 Climate Summit (Dec 2015), The Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination, GroenFront!, Climate Express and Multimedia Design KASK Ghent join forces in the creation of a new form of disobedient action: the Climate Games. The goal: transforming the city into the playing field of a mass disobedience action.
During the Climate Games teams score points by completing peaceful, creative missions that target the root causes of climate change. Taking place in the city, all participants coordinate their actions by means of an open source smartphone app.
Throughout 2015 these Climate Games will be developed during a series of Hackathons involving activists, artists, designers, hackers, gamers, scientists, architects … We are calling on anyone who wants to defeat those who play deadly games with the climate to join for a week of collaboration and creativity.
- The first Hackathon takes place between the 16th and 21st of March in Vooruit, Ghent
- This Hackathon plans to work primarily on the game play, rules, overall narrative and aesthetics of the Climate Games as well as the development of the smart phone app. It will be a lively workshop that shares knowledge and introduce newcomers to forms of creative resistance
- Participation is free of charge, but places are limited
- Transport, accommodation and meals are at participants’ expenses
- Interested? Then fill in this application form before Sunday February 15th.
In collaboration with Multimedia Design KASK Ghent, Kunstencentrum Vooruit, GroenFront!, Climate Express & The Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination.